Saturday 28 January 2012

A Baby Shower

My partners best friend is expecting baby number 1 in March and last weekend we went to the baby shower. 50 or so ladies all going gaga for the soon to be here little boy. I of course was sent to the sewing room in the week before and asked to make some gifts and that I did - and I even remembered to get pictures (last minute I will admit!)

First up I made a gorgeous (by my own admission) blanket/wrap. It is made from 100% cotton flannellete and a satin binding where I added eyelet lace and then weaved contrasting ribbon through. While a tad fiddly (is that even how you spell it??) it turned out really well.


Then it was a little jumper as it will be coming into winter here. I appliqued a rocket onto the front and it looks "rocking" bahahaha.......lame I know.....I also added a dummy clip in matching fabric.


Lastly I made a total scrap fabric inspired "monster"doll. I nearly didn't gift this as I was totally in love with it!!!!!!!! (The picture is terrible, this is what happens when you remember you wanted to take pictures of them as you are starting to wrap them about 10mins before heading out the door!!!!!!!!)


He is sooooooo cute!!!!!! Everyone at the baby shower was completely shocked that I made every part of our gift - but of course I would have it no other way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment