Friday 27 January 2012

mmmmmmm a spot of baking!

Our new years resolution for both of us was to drop a few kilos for a healthier life. It is actually going really well, however the other day (more like the other week lol) my cousin, his partner, my cousins two boys and his niece were calling in on their way home from a trip up north and I was met with a dilemma - no food in the house for entertaining. Of course I could have walked to the shops, but I decided lets see what I can come up with.

The result - this gorgeous cranberry oat and honey bread I made it true to the recipe with the exception I didn't have enough honey so I topped it up with golden syrup. It was truely delightful and the verdict from the kids aged 13,13 and 11 - "Love it!!!!!!!" Thumbs up all round! So much so my poor partner missed out altogether!

I have to say the one thing I am missing about weight loss is baking - I love mixing something up and having the house smell delightful (I don't miss the washing up though lol) The mother-in-laws 50th is coming up so I am thinking I could get my chance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment