Tuesday 10 January 2012

A little Craft Time

Summer here has been exceptionally cool and I have been feeling the need to crochet and knit. Now while I never quite got that granny ripple blanket finished from Christmas, it is a project I do want to complete, but love the joy of something new!!!! So hence coat hanger cover thingy's lol - basically old nanna crafty item number 1!!!!

I came across this tutorial for the coat hanger covers, which is written in Dutch. I don't read a word of Dutch, but one look at the pictures I had it sorted. I have written a basic tutorial below in English to help you get on the way. But make sure you check out the original site as the pics alone are gorgeous and easy to follow!!!!!


BASIC TUTORIAL: These are really really simple and you only need to know any crochet stitch, whether it be single, double, half double or treble. Chain about 15 stitches (or however many you need to fit around the coat hanger) then just working back and forth in rows till it is about the same lenth as the coat hanger. Sew the ends together and slip the hanging part of the coat hanger through the middle. Using any joining method you feel fit, join the bottom and your done!!!! So simple.


I think I will probably do a few more over time just to spruce up the wardrobe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment