Monday 10 October 2011

A Little Trip

Sooooooo what a week I have had! I decided I should take a trip out to see my folks in Bathurst and that I would take the train there - I know what was I thinking Newcastle to Bathurst on Cityrail!!!!! While it was an epic 7 hour trip to get there, it did only cost $7.80 for the 356km journey so there isn't too many complaints. Been the week before the Bathurst 1000 (a car race for those not in the know) it was a little hectic around the town and I was there for the Pantek parade and got to see all the shiny trucks.

Car racing isn't really my thing but it was a good vibe and seeing the 1000's upon 1000's of people setting up their tents/caravans/motorhomes/swags/twig shacks and whatever else they could possibly use, was hilarious!


So after a couple of days in Bathurst I was back on the train to Sydney, where my lovely partner was able to pick me up (she was in the City for a meeting how convient) for the drive home! No shopping this time :(

Only to get home and no internet or phone, our line was short circuiting!!!!! Only got it fixed today, which I have to say makes me a very happy person. In a world where everything seems to be online, I was at a loss over the weekend hehe.

I got lucky over the weekend though, as I went back to Sydney for a game of Vigoro (lets just say women's cricket) so there went my Saturday! Only one day to survive without the World Wide Web! Makes me think though, how would we survive without it????

No comments:

Post a Comment