Monday 5 September 2011

New skirt!

As summer is on the way, I thought I should make something for myself for once, so I checked through my stash to see what I had in the way of appropriate 'grown up' fabrics (as most of what I sew is for kids this was a challenge in itself). Anyway, I came across metres and metres of black homespun and decided a black skirt never goes astray.

It is a really simple pattern, I just doubled my waist measurement and using my waist to knee measurement (or in my case more my hip to knee) cut out two huge rectangles. Ok so that probably doesn't make a lot of sense - I will try again. Say your waist measurement is 70cm then you would cut two rectangles of 70cm long x waist to knee measurement (don't forget to add a bit for the casing and hemming).

Yep it felt like I was sewing a tent. Add a simple elastic waist and it was done. The elastic will be about 10cm or so less than your waist measurement, it is trial and error and depends how tight you would like it to be. It really is that simple and took about an hour to make.

Next time I will be definitely adding pockets!!! I am heading to Sydney in a couple of weeks time and will be heading to my favorite fabric store for some supplies and I will definitely grabbing a metre or two for some more skirts for moi!!!


Check out the pasty white 'winter' legs lol!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment